cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change fiscal year variant - year dependent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client has a fiscal year from July 2014 to June 2015.

It is using a year dependent fiscal year variant. And the year shift that I use is 0 and +1.

We have made an issue when defining the fiscal year variant to 2014. That is the year end dates to be from July 2014 to Dec 2014 we have to define in 2014 variant are defined as dates from July 2013 to Dec 2013.

Since already the postings are made to Jan 2014 to June 2014(since we use +1 year shift), I can't change the fiscal year variant dates now. 

Is there any solution to sort this out?

Thanks

M.K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dineshkumar_rengarajan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello M.K.,

Please use 'Shortened Fiscal Year' for the period that we want to use up temporarily other than your normal fiscal year.

BR, D'nesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dinesh.. But since already the postings are with the first half of the calender year there will be side issues regarding depreciation etc.

Will there be any other solution for this matter?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member627286
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear M.K.,

SAP does not recommend to change a fiscal year variant that has already been assigned to a company code and already has some postings. This may create database inconsistencies in your system.

I would like you to review note 672255 Shortened fiscal year / changing fiscal periods for more information.

SAP System Landscape Optimization (SLO) provides a service for  "Prolonged fiscal year consulting".

For details about the scope and proceeding of this service you can use the service description for "Shortened fiscal year consulting".

You find SAP's service description on the SAP Service Marketplace (link: http://service.sap.com/slo -> SAP Conversion Services/Data Harmonization Consulting -> Detailed Information -> Shortened fiscal year consulting.

This issue can only be dealt with by SAP conversion services. They will be able to analyse your data and highlight any possible impact or inconsistencies.

Best regards,

Vera Meizner