cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can anybody say, what is the use of tables CDHDR and CDPOS.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CDHDR and CDPOS are indeed the only logs where any and all changes are recorded on a stand-alone R/3 system. But, if you have a BW system set up, then certain patches must be applied to R/3, the main reason being to set up special structures to record any deltas (changes to transactions).

This is done in Logistics, for example, by adding new sets of three Infostructures to each transaction type. Say for Sales, up to now we've had S001 ( I think) as the Infostructure for Sales (VA01) transactions. Now with the new BW patches, we will have S260, and S260BIW1, and S260BIW2. This set-up allows BW to trigger data extractions from R/3 into BW without burdening on-going R/3 transaction activity: it works like this: initial sales data would be recorded in S260; and then R/3 checks in a certain table to determine where to place any changes to this original sales data; it will go to table TMCBIW to determine which of the two tables is active ( S260BIW1 or S260BIW2), and then proceeds to record the changes therein. Now when BW wants to trigger an extraction, it also goes to the TMCBIW table and swithches the active table off, and the idle one on: now R/3 continues recording its changes, but now they are recorded in the newly activated table, meanwhile BW can now draw out all the change data recorded in the active table, now deactivated.

I found a program link ... check it out.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.cnblogs.com/Jackcnblogs/articles/5...

or

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://blog.csdn.net/CompassButton/archive/20...

Hope this would help you.

Regards

Narin Nandivada.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd Noor.

Your question is extremely valid and important.

Changes to a lot of SAP documents are stored in table CDHDR and table CDPOS.

CDHDR - Change Document Header.

CDPOS - Change Document Items.

These include : change data in Material Master, changes to Purchase Req (PR), Purchase Orders, Contracts, Sales Orders, and many more.

Change document

A change document logs changes to a commercial object. The document is created independently of the actual database change. The change document structure is as follows:

Change document header:

The header data of the change to an object ID in a particular object class are stored in the change document header. The change document number is automatically issued.

Change document item:

The change document item contains the old and new values of a field for a particular change, and a change flag.

The change flag can take the following values:

U(pdate)

Changed data. (Log entry for each changed field which was flagged in the Dictionary as "change document-relevant")

I(nsert)

Data inserted.

Changes: Log entry for the whole table record

Planned changes: Log entry for each table record field

D(elete)

Data were deleted (log entry for the whole table record)

I(ndividual field documentation)

Delete a table record with field documentation

1 log entry per field of the deleted table entry, the deleted text is saved

These tables also have uses in FICO when it comes to finance documentation, etc.

If you find this information usefull, I will be very glad.

If you need more clarification, feel free to discuss with me.

Reward points if you find this information usefull.

Regards Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mohd,

Change document concept is used to track down changes made to the data SAP. Whenever there is a change in data Change documents are created and stored in table CDHR, CDPOS.

Data stored in table CDHDR and CDPOS, records all aspect of the changes made for example date, time, userid, table name, field name, old values, new values, currency and unit value if value changed happens to be price or quantity.

CDHDR and CDPOS are indeed the only logs where any and all changes are recorded on a stand-alone R/3 system.

The difference between them is actually in the information provided by them :-

Through CDHDR we get the change number of the document changed while to get the exact changes done like, table, field, old value and new value,this change number is passed to table CDPOS .

• Hope this helps you....

Best of luck,

Bhumika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changes to a lot of SAP documents are stored in table CDHDR and table CDPOS. This include changes such as: change data in Material Master, changes to Purchase Req (PR), Purch Orders, Contracts, Sales Orders.

Reward if useful.

Regards.

Rajitha . M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd Noor,

Changes to a lot of SAP documents are stored in table CDHDR and table CDPOS. This include changes such as: change data in Material Master, changes to Purchase Req (PR), Purch Orders, Contracts, Sales Orders, and many more.

Here is an example where an existing purchase order (PO) is changed.

Create a PO (number 4500000616)

Now lets make a change to the PO.

Lets change the Short text in item 10 from "FLOWERS" to "SAP123".88

The change information can be see in Purchase Order. Menu: Environment > Item Changes

This changed information are stored in table CDHDR and table CDPOS. Lets see if we can find it by displaying the table using transaction se16 (display table):

The detail of what was changed is in table CDPOS. The link is via the document number, field CHANGENR. Lets look at table CDPOS

These tables contains not just PO changes but changes to most SAP documents (accross all functional areas). So, as you can imagine these tables get huge. Entries in tables are grouped by Object Class (field OBJECTCLAS -- Change doc object). Some of these options include:

OBJECTCLAS - transaction (fields in CDHDR)

ADRESSE - xk01

ADRESSE3 - su01

BANF - me54n

BELEG - vf21

BETRIEB - vd02

COND_A - me31k

DEBI - xd02

EINKBELEG - me22n <<< example above

ENTRYSHEET - ml85

FEATURE - ct04

INCOMINGINVOICE - mrbr

INFOSATZ - me13

KLASSE - cl02

KRED - xk02

LIEFERUNG - vl03n

MATERIAL - mm01

MM_SERVICE - me22n

MRP_AREA - mm01

NRINTERVAL - omh6

PFCG - pfcg

REVISION - me32k

SACH - fs00

SPEC_TMP - ml10

STLV - ml02

VASMD - ac03

VERKBELEG - va02

.... etc

Regards,

Swapna.

jj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The change history, both header and item changes that you see in PO, Sales order are all coming from CDhdr and CDPos table

All the changes that you make are stored in this table to track history of that document

IN CDHDR table

Change doc. object = EINKBELEG for Purchase Order

= VERKBELEG for sales order

= LIEFERUNG for Outbound delivery

So all the various document change history are stored in the same table.

The old value and new value are stored in CDPOS table against the CDHDR key fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link

[http://www.sap123.com/showthread.php?t=47]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changes to a lot of SAP documents are stored in table CDHDR and table CDPOS. This include changes such as: change data in Material Master, changes to Purchase Req (PR), Purch Orders, Contracts, Sales Orders, and many more.

Check this link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changes to a lot of SAP documents are stored in table CDHDR and table CDPOS.

http://www.sap123.com/showthread.php?t=47