cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Depreciation Key in Asset Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to change the depreciation key for a new asset class that was just created, but the "DepKY" area is grayed out (or closed). The T-code used is OAYZ. How can I get this and the "USE" field open to make the necessary changes.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check the settings in AO21 T-Code also whether in that the settings for screen layout are properly maintained or not for Expired useful life and scrap value.

Regards,

Malhar.

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Colin, it must be an authorization issue then.

Sudhakar*

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Colin,

Hope your id has priviledge to do such changes, else you will not able to change, am assuming your id do have changes authorization.

Process as following -

1. Go to t-code OAYZ

2. Select the entire row against depreciation area 50

3. Go to emnu:  Edit >> Change Field contents

4. Select the values to be changed and clickthe 'Tick' mark (e.g. Dep.area deactivated - select the row)

5. It will ask for new value.  Key in and the values will be changed.

Hope the above solution helps.

Thanks,

Nishan Dev

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Colin,

Also refer to http://scn.sap.com/thread/1565024 , where similar issue was discussed and solved.

Best Luck,

Nishan Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishan,

After entering OAYZ, I cannot follow the below instructions because there is no depreciation area 50. I am not sure about the below 2 instructions.

Select the entire row against depreciation area 50

3. Go to emnu:  Edit >> Change Field contents

Thanks

Colin

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Colin,

Depreciation 50 was given as an example, you can select the depreciation area which you can see there or in which you want to make changes.

Best,

Nishan Dev

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colin, you are using the right T-code OAYZ to change the Dep Key I believe you must have opened couple of sessions with the same T- code. Close  the other sessions and check you should be  ok.

Regards,

Sudhakar*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

Thanks for the quick response, but I checked and there are no other sessions open and the results are the same.

Colin