cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change base unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have changed the base unit of measure in Material master MM02, from Gram to Liter.

then i create PR , after that I convert the PR to PO , but there is an error message says that Base unit G cannot convert to base unit L of requisition.

Info record exists for this material. and i can see there the order unit is still using G. should I change it ?? any effect if i change it? or should I create new material?

One more question

Is info record always created automatically if I checked the indicator info update in ME23n?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

If you would like to change unit of measure, go to MM02 - purchasing view - give L in order unit and make it active. If you have info record, then go to var.order unit - give L in that and make it active. Then you can convert PR to PO. In PO, the basic unit of measure will be this order unit which you have given in material master and purchase info record.

Regards,

Prasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pauline !!

Since Pur.Info Record already exists for the said material, you need to set the "Var.Order.Unit" to 1 (Active) in the "Purchase Order Unit of Measure" section (at the bottom) in the Pur.Info Record. This will prompt you to maintain the conversion factor from G to L. Save this Info Record after making the changes. After doing this you will be able to convert the PR's of this material to PO's.

Thanks and Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Base unit of measure in Basic data view and Order unit in Purchase view and Issue unit on Plant/ sorage view. If all these units are same then no issue. If it differs you need to maintain convertion factors in terms of Basic Unit of maeasure at Additional data, Units of measure tab in Basic data view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pl.delete info record from purchase order or set deletion mark for info record containg UOM 'G' .Also create new info record with UOM "L"

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how did you change the base unit in your material? I doupt that this was done with MM02

What is the exact message you get, tell the message number (can be seen after double clicking the message)