cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS records Posting to HR Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When CAT2 entered and submitted with working time and absensces, it goes for approval of manager then once it is approved then it is immeditely transfering to HR infotypes like 2001 & 2002.

In CATS profile it is with approval and client is not running CAT6 for transfer so, could you please give your expert advice to stop this transfer and reason for transfering to HR master data automatically after workflow approval.

There is no background job scheduled for the same.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

Entering time through CAT2 but approval is through UWL (POWL- both screens are same it seems). Workflow is standard task TS31000007 and even i tried to use the old workflow ie TS20000460 but the issue is same.

Surprisingly when Manager is trying to approve the timesheet then it has 3 stages -

1. Collective Approval

2. Review & Save

3.Completed

In Collective approval when i click total number of hours then it displayed me day by day records there i am seeing a transfer button, i need to click to move forward then manager to go to 2 stage.

Is this TRANSFER button making auto transfer but its standard WF and I dont think it should behave this way (auto transfer).

I have checked in Dev system where there are no background jobs scheduled but still same it is transfering the data when it gets approved.

former_member184672
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If you check the standard task TS31000007, you can see that the approvals are driven by the method 'APPROVE' of the business object 'CATS'.

If you further drill into the BO method, you can see that the ABAP function module 'CATS_WF_APPROVAL' is called up to carry out the task.

So in order to change the current approval logic, you will have to start by creating a new custom task copying the standard task, change the FM in the BO to implement the new logic. If you can have a word with your workflow consultant he/she would be able to help you much in this scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

Sarath.

former_member184672
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

As I haven't seen any configuration by which we can auto transfer the approved time sheet to the time infotypes, you need to check for background jobs which executes the programs RCATSTAL(Tcode: CATA) or RPTEXTPT(Tcode: CAT6) in your system. These programs needn't be scheduled directly but can also be called from some custom programs which are scheduled in the background. Hence please check the current background jobs which are scheduled in your system. To ensure that the transfer is not driven by a background job, can you try to replicate the scenario in a quality or development environment where there are no jobs scheduled?

Since you have mentioned workflow in your post, could you please elaborate a bit more on the scenario here:

• Are you entering the time data directly in SAP R/3 system using CAT2 transaction or via some application deployed on the portal which uses some BAPIs to post the data to the back-end system?
  • How does the manager approve the time entries? Does he use CAT4 or from the UWL(Universal Work List) on the portal?

If it's portal based approval, then there must be some workflows performing the transfer. You need to identify the step in the workflow after the approval step to see how the transfer is implemented and modify the specific workflow step to suit your need accordingly. You can either use the transaction SWIA to get more details on the workflow tasks being executed or seek the help of a workflow consultant in this case to get more information on the different steps in the workflow.

Thanks & Regards,

Sarath.