Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS Entry on Functional Area and double CO Object Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to have this clarified if possible:

1. It looks like the functional area can be a receiving criteria for CATS entry (in CAT2). Is it well integrated with the finance modules FI and CO and do these modules reflect the mouvement correctly?

2. Is it possible to make a double entry in the assignment, like on a receiving Cost Center and a receiving Internal Order (which is BTW a statistical order).

Thanks for the help,

JH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

To the first question, it looks like I can use the functional area (FUNC_AREA) as a receiving criteria. In this case however, I guess I am able then also to enter a receiving Cost Center for example, as the functional area is not really a CO object.

To the second question, I understand from your answer that the CATS module does not comply with the logic of double entry of CO objects in FI for example (where one is statistical and the other one is a real assignmnent). Might be correct, but it is amazing.

Thanks to all for the first answers.

Regards.

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We cannot post to a Functional Area because Func Area is not a CO object.

We can post to Cost Center and Internal order, i.e we could make a double entry may it be a statistical order or a real order.

I tried posting and it did work.

Thanks for the question , as i was not aware that it was possible.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , CAT2 entry is very well integrated with FI and CO.

however double entry is not possible .The time could be charged either to internal order or the default cost center.

Orders really don't matter , if they are statistical or real order.

For a day....part of the time could be charged to internal order and part could be charged to cost center.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Are talking about WBS elemnt and ordertype

in cats