cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Open Items - Cheque Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone know if cheque number can be added to Cash Open Items Report? Or any other reports can show Outstanding Outgoing Cheque Numbers?

Thanks,

Carol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carol,

Can you check the report : Checkbook Register : Shows how each check number of a check lot has been used.

Execute the report and filter for the status of the check and you should be able to get the list of check number not confirmed yet.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harshal, that's an option. It's helpful!

Regards,

Carol

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carol,

I did some testing and looks like the cheque number field is not available for the report Cash Open Items.

However you can try joining the data source to get all the information needed in your customer report.

Nevertheless, You can use the Checkbook Register  report to get the cheque numbers.

Hope this solves your concerns.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal, thanks for your input. I can join the data source, but I can't use the existing key figure 'Cash Ledger Open Item' in Cash Open Items report. The key figure is SAP designed calculated, I have no clue how it's calculated. And I am not sure what characteristic the 'key date' the cash open items report is referring to?

But anyway Checkbook Register Report works, we just have to print two reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Can you please tell me how to put the Key date in the Selection field?

Regards

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Terry,

Are we aiming for the new data source joined using the Checkbook Register and Cash Ledger Account Line Items, to add the key date there?

If yes, I see that the key date is available on Cash - Open Items but not on the Checkbook Register report/Data source.I tried creating the new joined data source in one of the internal test system however i could not get the Key date in field on the new report hence I assume that you will need to bring the key figure to the newly created data source or create a new Key figure for the same.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Without the 'Key Date' in check register, if I filter 'not confirmed', the un-cleared cheques are up to date.

Thanks,

Carol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal and Carol,

I couldn't manage to combine the both Checkbook Register and Cash Ledger Account Line Items data sources in order to have a Cash Open Items report with Check number, Payee name and Status.  The report based on the combined data source cannot generate Key date field nor does it generate correct data for Check number, Payee name and Status.  Too bad!

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Terry,

Please check this thread also.

I am able to generate report with check number, Payee Name and status.

Please see the attached screenshots.

If you still need further clarification, please let me know your email or send me a mail.

We can further discuss the same.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Nice to see your successful result. For mine, I couldn't find the payee name but Offset Supplier ID.  It could be caused by system issue and I have reported it to SAP.

When you combine both data sources do you need to decide which is the prime or sub.  It seems there are some fields in common but with different field names.

Regards

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Terry,

For the test purpose, I joined (Not combined) two data sources and used Company and My Bank field to join the data source. (Used Left Outer Join as a Join Type.).

Here is the screenshot

To be honest, I am not sure,what difference it will have when you join data source and when you combine data source.

Found a link which explains the differnce between Join and combine data sources :

Now since you are combining data source, I guess system is mapping Payee name with the Offset Customer / Supplier ID, Void date with the clearing date, and my bank with My bank, Company With Company (Check book register with Cash Ledger account Line items) and as per my understanding, this does not look the correct mapping for the obvious reasons.

you can try with the Joined data source and that should work. From what I understand the reason why you don't see the proper data is because of the combined data source and mapping of the fields.

I am not the expert in the reports area so I might be wrong with my understanding of difference between joined and combined data source.

Let me know if you need my help with the Joined data source. As I have already tried /created Joined data source and reort for the data source. I can provide you that details. Result would be similar to what you see in my Previous comments. (if that is what you are looking for).

You can reach out to me via email.

And If this solves the issue, May be we can close this thread.

Cheers,

Harshal

Answers (0)