cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading font

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Any one worked in Cascading font, can you plz explain me the purpose of it, in ecc6 should we enable cascading font ?.

Plz give these details.

Thanks,

Katsen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Context? are you talking about printing?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thankyou very much for replying, I was searching for a person who has done cascading font setting, in our upgrade project from 4.7 to ECC6, we are facing lot of form issue, most of the asian characters are appearing junk/# in printout & print preview.

I came across Cascading font & implemented it as said in OSS notes: 812821. but still the problem is not solved.

Give you give your email id, such that I will explain the steps followed in our system, that can help us what went wrong in our system.

Thanks,

Katsen.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thankyou very much for replying, I was searching for a person who has done cascading font setting, in our upgrade project from 4.7 to ECC6, we are facing lot of form issue, most of the asian characters are appearing junk/# in printout & print preview.

is your system a Unicode system? We also print Asian characters and we didn´t need to implement cascading fonts.

- What printer settings to you use in SPAD?

- is the printer able to print those fonts?

Give you give your email id, such that I will explain the steps followed in our system, that can help us what went wrong in our system.

A forum is about sharing - not about personal communication. See

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement

<...>

- Do not ask to send you an email.

The question you ask and the solution to it is often also interesting for other users of the community. If you ask somebody to send you the answer per email, you deprive others of also learning to know the answer. Therefore any requests for sending material or answers to an email address will be modified by the forum moderators.

<...>

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

If you say that you are able to print all asain characters in an Unicode system, then when we will go for Cascading fonts..

Sridhar

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - we are able to print them also without using cascading fonts.

You didn´t answer my questions so I can´t help you further.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

We have requirement to print Russian language product description on a Smart form where every other detail is in English, can you Please suggest how we can achieve it .

Any pointer would be great help.

Cheers!

Sameer