cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caracteristic WWVOP (created) x VRTNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created th solved post (Thanks, Ajay!!):

But now my client have a doubt: Why the caract WWVOP works and the caract VRTNR doest works in rule crated in KEDR?

Caract VRTNR

"ABAP Dictionary"

Data Element: VRTNR

Domain: PERNR

Data Type/Lenght: NUMC / 8

Origin table: PAPARTNER

Origin Field: VRTNR

Caract WWVOP

"ABAP Dictionary"

Data Element: RKEG_WWVOP

Domain: CHAR10

Data Type/Lenght: CHAR / 10

Origin table: PAPARTNER

Origin Field: VRTNR

The both are active.

Thank you very much.

GLippmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

VRTNR can also work.. But the process is cumbersome.. You have to add some check tables to it and also ensure Foreign key dependancies... Since its a Std Char - Changing it would be very painful

Thats why I suggested the easier route.. When you create a WW char, you can define it the way you want and the check tables are also created readily

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,

VRTNR already being considered in the BW extractor and if we could use it would be ideal. To utilize the feature that created it will be necessary to change the extractor.

What is harder? Change or set the feature extractor VRTNR?

Thanks

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I would say changing the extractor is easy because that is some thing we know how to do

To repair the VRTNR you have to search the relevant oss note and adjust it for check tables... If you have access to any old systems or your colleagues who can help you out - Ask them to check VRTNR or KMVTNR in their systems and guide you about the domains / check tables in their systems

br, Ajay M

Answers (0)