cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Requirements calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Planning data for a material has been entered till the end of the year, Scheduling parameters for Capacity requiremetns in Custmizinf has 365 days for detailed scheduling. However after executing MD03 / MD02, system only calculates Capacity Requiremens for next 5 months.

I checked customizing and there is no value entered for any of customizing setting which will restrict capacity requirement calculation to 5 months.

Can someone help me understand why it does not calculate for the whole year.

Thanks

Mira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean the material requirements were planned for the whole year; but the capactity was planned only for 5 months ? Please provide more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material has been planned for the whole year and Capacity requirement should be planned for the whole year too - parameter has been set to 365 days, but it did not.

Thanks

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The quick inference is the planning horizon is 365 days and the scheduling horizon is like 150 days.

Functionally, Detailed scheduling using routing considers this Scheduling horizon only to perform LT Scheduling. Beyond this only Basic dates scheduling is possible.

Can you once again check your scheduling horizon as seen in Scheduling planned order config for your Plant/Order type LA/Production scheduler and confirm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, there was one incorrect entry with production scheduler. There were two entries, one with prd scheduler '*' and another one with a value. Co-incidentally this production scheduler was the one for test data i was using.

System gives preference to entry with specific value first and then to entry with '*'.

Thank You.

Answers (0)