cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created inactive PIR, created planning scenario & ran LTP. When trying to analyse the capacity situation, it is showing the load only for the inactive PIR. But the capacity is also loaded with existing production orders & planned orders. How can I analyse both at the same time. Example work center is loaded with say 70%. So I want to simulate a planning scenario & check how much is the extra load so that I will take a decision to shift my planning.

Pls suggest what to do?

Thanks & regds

M:9848099381

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

[Capacity Planning|help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/PPCRP/PPCRP.pdf]

Regards,

Naveen Dasari.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activate the "Include Firm receipts"and "Include Firm planned order" check box at Planning scenario at MS32 for which u run the LTP

Check with Capacity load.

Note: Inthat case Production order & reservation will considered in planning Run.

Pradeep

Edited by: Pradeep Kumar on May 23, 2008 1:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done this setting as mentioned by u. But after MRP run when I am checking CM38 for capacity evaluation, I only able to see the simulated planned order loads for the PIR as well as sales order and project. But there is no capacity loaded wrt production orders. In all case same work center is taken for simplicity.

So I want to know capacity situation of work center after running MS02 with all loads (from simulated planned orders, firmed planned orders & production orders). Pls guide

Thanks & regds

Edited by: BNR on Oct 21, 2008 9:57 AM

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BNR ,

As you are not getting load for the Production order ...check that in Control data tab is the Calculate capacity reqs checkbox is checked or not ...???

Regards

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I too having the same issue, can you please let me know the solution that how it got resolved. I want to view work center capacity details of Production orders/planned orders in CM38. Check box in the control tab of production order already got activated, but not able to view the production order capacity details in CM38.

Please advise.

regards,

Purna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Purna,

The orders (both planned and production) must also have been scheduled, according to the routing containing the capacity constraint (and not basic date scheduling according to production time). Most people who do capacity planning set their production orders to auto schedule.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB for your reply,

I am able to view Planned orders in CM38 but not process orders, did I miss any config or master data setup? please advise.

For your information, Planned orders got scheuduled (as per routing) durig LTP Run (MS01, lead time scheduling) and Process orders scheduled automatically when I convert planned orders to process orders.

regards,

Purna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB for your reply,

I am able to view Planned orders in CM38 but not process orders, did I miss any config or master data setup? please advise.

For your information, Planned orders got scheuduled (as per routing) durig LTP Run (MS01, lead time scheduling) and Process orders scheduled automatically when I convert planned orders to process orders.

regards,

Purna

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Did you maintian Production Scheduling Profile for Process Order with Capacity Requirement /Finite Scheduleing check box marked -CORY .Check the Overall Capacity Profile assinged here .Itr will be SAPPI_G001 by default for Process Order .

Did you maintain Scheduling parameter for Process Order Type in OPUZ -Scheduling and Capacity Requirement marked .You need to set Scheduling Type Forward , Adjust Scehduiling to Adjust basics date , adjust depedent requirement to order date and Automatic Scheduling .

Check all this and come back

Regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

To view the Process orders and planned orders in CM38. One need to set the user profile in SU3 with the following parameters.

Refer the SAP Note 426522 for more details on this. Now my issue is resolved.

Parameter ID : CY-

Parameter value: Y

regards,

Purna