cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot close production orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

When the user tries to close a production order in CO02 , they get an error which says the the purchase order still exists. but as i see in the purchae order , the delivery completed indicator is set.( one thing I can see is : in the invoice tab of item details final invoice indicator is not set) .Does the final invoice indicator has any effect on closing the production order?Please help me .I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks

Cheris T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether this PO still exists in MD04 list. If yes then this is open and you have to check with MM person to close this.

Regards

TAJUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tajuddin,

Thanks for the response, I've checked the MD04.the PO is not ther,Is ther anyother thing I have to look into.

Thanks

Cheris T

Former Member
0 Kudos

If not in MD04 then, I think the PO has completed and closed, but not updated in some MM tables. There might be some program or SAP note that we need to check.

Regards

TAJUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the SAP notes 410112, 402594 and 396673, 393339

Summary

Symptom

You can set status 'Closed' for a production order, even though an order is assigned to this order, and this order is still active.

Additional key words

CLSD

Cause and prerequisites

The problem is caused by a program error.

Solution

Implement the attached advance corrections.

Regards

TAJUDDIN

Message was edited by:

TAJUDDIN MOHAMMED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tajuddin,

The final invoice indicator is not set for one of the items in the Purchase order .Does the final invoice indicator has any effect on closing the production order?

Thanks

Cheris T

Former Member
0 Kudos

But commitments are reduced by goods receipt. So I am not sure what causes your problem.

The easy way is to get your Ababper debug the probelm. Sorry couldnt help you on this.

There is a note as Taj explained which deactivates this check. You can check that too.

Regards

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheris,

SAP documentation says

Prerequisites for setting the CLSD status are:

The order must have the status Released (REL) or Technically completed (TECO)

The order balance must be 0

There can be no open purchase requisitions, purchase orders or <b>commitments</b>

Unquote

The "open commitments" means the payment is still pending. So just check in you r DEV system paying up the vendor for this Pur order.

Cheers