cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can special GL indicators be re-used ?

0 Kudos

I would like to create some new special GL indicators to be used in customer deductions but our list is already quite extensive despite some of them not having GL codes assigned.

I am cautious about re-using the existing GL indicators that have no GL assigned as I know some of them are used in other programs such as the payment program F110.

Is there a way of finding out which programs use SGL indicators and is it good practice to re-name and re-use one if it is not currently used ?

Many thanks

Claire

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi clairepi

There are ways in which you can avoid using Special GL Indicator. Please refer the below blog

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/03/18/change-reconciliation-account-during-fi-posting-without-using-sgl-i...

Also refer OSS Note 1836997 in case you want also to use this functionality in case of MIRO, where you do not want to use Special GL Indicator

Thanks & Regards,

Sanil Bhandari

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the table T074, here you can get list of Spl GL indicators with GL accounts. You can rename it existing spl.GL indicator, but better create a new spl GL indicator.

Regards,

Mukthar

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Special G/L Indicators are used for Advance Payments in Accounts Payable and Receivables.

There is no impact / issue in using the existing Special G/L Indicators by renaming them if they have not been used / assigned with the Alternative Reconciliation Accounts.

In the below T-codes, the Special G/L Indicators will be used.

1. Customer Down Payment Request - F-37

2. Customer Down Payment - F-29

3. Vendor Down Payment Request - F-47

4. Vendor Down Payment - F-48

5. Down Payment requests - Payment through APP - F110.

Let us know for any queries.

Thanks,

NSK