cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Std cost est vs Material Master Std cost price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Why will a calculated std cost est not be equal to my standard price in my costing 2 view on the material master? For ex:

I calc a price for material 1 = R11.50

The price in the material master (MBEW-STPRS) is R10.80.

I can see that the difference is some activities for one of the operations in my production process, but it does not show on my material master.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks,

Hein

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The planned price can be copied from CO-PC, or entered manually depending on your settings in CO. If you open the standard material cost and release it the two price of planning price and standard price will be same.

As to the price of PO that is another price, actual cost happened.

FYI.

If no marked standard cost estimate exists, you can enter a price in this field manually. This makes it possible for the system to find a price when costing an assembly via the valuation strategy, even if no standard cost estimate with status KA (correct) exists for a BOM material (such as a raw material or semifinished product).

If you subsequently create and flag a cost estimate for this material, the results of this cost estimate are adopted as the future planned price, and the manual entry overwritten. It can then no longer be changed. Therefore, you are recommended to use the Planned price 1, Planned price 2, and Planned price 3 fields to maintain the planned prices of material components and to define them in the valuation strategy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bruce,

Thanks for the info, but I've got everything in place - std cost released without any errors, etc. After this the calculated price <> material master price as displayed in MBEW-STPRS.

Thanks,

Hein