cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business place field - urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

There is a programme which will update all the business place field for WHT reporting purpose for from april to till today.

But the issue is it will update even the rent and vendor accounts business place field with the data. In this case it is company code,.

I would like to know is there any impact on these two accounts if it updates business place field for expneses account and vendor accounts. Normally we know that business place is only for taxes.

Pl let me know, useful answer will be assigned with points.

Regards

SAP Only

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Only Sap,

The business place is used in countries that by law require returns for taxes on sales/purchases to be submitted at a level below the company code. For this reason, companies have to register each business place with the tax authorities as the unit responsible for tax reporting.

In some countries, the business place is also used to assign official document numbers to outgoing documents and so it is the level at which these documents are issued. In most cases, these documents are concerned with value-added tax (VAT) or similar tax types.

The idea behind running a program to poulate this field with companyt code seems to be on the above mentioned logic. As per my understanding there will not be any impact on the two accounts.

Hope this helps. please assign points.

Rgds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are the only person who had answered my question, I am also in the same view. Thanks for your answer, I am assigning points.

Regards

Sap Only