cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business combination - merger - takeover - Absorption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Has somebody ever come across a business combination (merger, company takover, ...) on a consolidation module?

I need to know which are the functional steps, with a short description of each one of them. Could somebody help me?

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Rushid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rushid,

I just stumbled over your post while browsing for M&A and Divestiture topics.

I am interested in IT issues of these topics research wise.

Have you been able to solve your problem, yet? Would be interesting to learn on how to actually implement a merger within the SAP system.

I'd be happy if you shared your experience with me.

Best

Markus

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

This is called SAP Landscape Transformation, where SAP Landscape Transformation (LT) enables companies to align their existing SAP system landscape after restructuring their business, updating existing processes, integrating a recently acquired company, or removing parts of the business data due to a divestiture from their existing SAP system landscape. SAP LT ensures full data consistency and data integrity within transformation projects such as data migrations and data conversions..

Also this  are done by SAP for many clients, where the transform existing old table to new table with there tools. and it's a $$$$ affair.

Best Luck,

Nishan Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nishan,

thanks for pointing me to the SAP Landscape Transformation Suite. I have had a look on the marketing information of this product. Looks very interesting and worth a deeper investigation.

M&As and Divestitures are in deed multi-million dollar projects, where IT accounts for a lot of these costs. I am doing my PhD on IT related challenges of divestiture projects. If you are interested in this topic, have a look at my blog. I try to regularly post findings of my research there. I have started off with an article about the . Feel free to comment on it and share your view with me.

Thanks again for you help

Best,

Markus