cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Can anyone guide me the process to make business area mandatory in FI documents including FBCJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear greeshma,

Sorry Please refer this note.

Previous one had some written mistake

Make Business area field as optional/ required in all Field Status Groups and Posting keys.

check tcode OBY6 and select the business area wise financial statement.

Try this, your problem will be solved and also reply to me.

If it helps out assign points.

Mousumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear greeshma,

don't make Business area field as optional/ required in all Field Status Groups and Posting keys.

check tcode OBY6 and select the business area wise financial statement.

Try this, your problem will be solved and also reply to me.

If it helps out assign points.

Mousumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check the Field status group assigned to the GL account you are using in FS00. Then go to OBC4, check for the Additional account assignments for tht FSG. There you can find whether BA is made mandatory or optional.

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

please gurus help me its very urgent..please

sridhar_muthekepalli3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Business area is not recommended by SAP. Go for Profit center accounting.

Go to Field status OBC4. select field status group and select general data and select business area and make it required field.

Go to posting keys OB41 and select field status and select business area and make it required field.

Go to OBD4 - Define Accounts groups and select select field status and select business area and make it required field.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Assign points if useful.

Regards

MSReddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

Thanks for replying.I follwed the steps suggested by you.But I didnt find business area field in OBD4.due to which when users are making entry in FBCJ they get an error ''Filed Business Area is required entry for Co code -

Gl account -

( i.e Cash GL account ).

From where i can view Business Area filed in OBD4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now your getting a message a Business Area as requirred. So the config made by made it as mandatory. Try the column number 16 in FBCJ u will have Business Area.

Warm Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes i do have that column.But still getting error even if entry is made in column of Business area field.

it does not allow to save entry in FBCJ even if entry is made in that column.

What shoul i do now.?