cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Area is not getting updated in "Main Bank Account" Line item (FF_5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am executing T Code: FF_5 for uploading the "Multi-Cash" Format. This transaction clears the Bank Clearing Account and post the entry to the credit of "Bank Main Account".

Now while i had executed F110, the Business area was properly captured in the Bank Clearing Account Line item. But while executing FF_5, the Business Area is not getting captured against the "Main Bank Account" Line item.

Can you please tell me how to capture the Business Area against the "Main Bank Account" Line item.

Rgds,

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member581986
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this will only work if you have business area balance sheet active for your company code (see transaction OBY6, this is field T001-XGSBE). As far as I can remember if you have a unique business area in the document, then this BA is copied to the line items without a BA. If you do not have any subledger account, like in case of FF_5 will post main bank account vs. bank subaccount from F110, this automatic population of the BA does not take place.

I am not familiar with newGL, but the document split functionality, which was available for the Special Ledger FI-SL before newGL came to the market, has offered this functionality, i.e., forwarding the business area information throughout the whole document chain: invoce --> F110 --> FF_5. Standard FI (FI-GL) was not able to do so. Business area "split" is only supported for subledger accounts, VAT and cash discount / FX differences.

Hope that helps, points welcome

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. "Business Area wise financial Statement" is activated for my company code. (OBY6).

2. We are using ECC 5. No Splitting & Sp.GL is used.

3. I have only one Business Area which we are using for making Payments. There are no multiple Business Areas.

4. In FBZP in Bank Determination I have hard-coated this single Business Area aganist the particular House Bank and Payment Method.

Because of which while executing F110 in the "Bank Clearing A/c" this specific BA is getting updated.

5. But I have not understood from your below reply whether through config is it possible to update the same BA in the "Bank Main Account at the time of executing the T.Code FF_5.

Can you please clarify whether in ECC 5 this is possilbe and how to do the setting for the same.

Thanks.

Rgds,

Prasad

former_member581986
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid this is not possible... The splitting by business area in F110 is in my opinion something to separate payments by business area - an organizational issue, not an accounting one. I think when you process the bank statements, the BA is not populated into the main bank GL account items by standard, because SAP may think cash is something that should not be "splitted" by business area.

The only thing I can think of re this matter is the user exit during bank statement processing. Here you can change the structure FEBEP. I have no system access for the moment, so I cannot tell you the exit name - ps. let me know if you need this info. But by default or by regular configuration (without any exit or any other workaround), I do not think you can do this...

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. In case of Business where payments are made centrally it is important to report

Bank A/c Business area wise.

2. However I have solved the problem by doing "Sustitution", and its working fine. The Business Area is getting updated against the Main Bank Account Line item.

3. I am however getting one error while doing the upload in FF_5. The error occurs

only if Business Area is a "required" field in Bank Account's "Field Status

Group".

Error: (00 298) Formatting error in the field COBL-GSBER ; see next message.

But if I make Business Area as an Optional Field I am not getting an error and

also the posting is done to Main Bank Account.

Is there anyother method by which this error can be corrected.

I have assigned 2 points for your inputs. Can you help me to solve this error as well.

Rgds

Prasad

former_member581986
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that this is still not in accordance with SAP's logic. There is no automatic BA population for bank accounts. If you have activated substitution for business area (which is not recommended by SAP anyway), it will for sure work.

However, when you set the field to mandatory, then the following will happen: first the field status info is checked (as it is for manual entry screens) and then the substitution (if any) takes place.

The reason why the BA field in bank accounts is not populated automatically (regardless of field status or substitution), is SAP's logic. You cannot trick it out, I am quite sure.

Csaba