cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Putaway Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query relating to the determination of bins for my bulk putaway strategy.

On my bulk storage type I am using putaway strategy B (Bulk Storage) and mixed storage indicator C (several batches per bin only SU bulk storage)

Having generated a putaway the system successfully denotes next empty bin until capacity as per the block structure under OMM4 is full. So far so good however it does not then allocate the remainder of the putaway to a bin where the same product is house although a different batch. (ie the error message below appears)

System message L3 009

No destination storage bin to be found in storage type 004

However i can manually denote a bin where there is already the same material but with a different batch. The system then allows this entry.

Does anybody understd why the system would not automatically select this bin which should be ok?

Any ideas appreciated.

many thanks,

Adam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Must be a slow start to the year...too many Xmas ales...

Solution: Set Level of Total Quant Count to 1

Level of Total Quant Count

The Total field is used for internal calculation of the total quant count for SU-managed bulk storage. This parameter influences both stock placements and stock removals.

Stock Placement

For putaways this parameter controls whether the system will automatically mix batches or not. If the parameter is set to "1" (batch neutral), the system looks for a storage bin where the material already exists. The batch number is not taken into consideration in this case. If the parameter is set to "2" (batch specific), the system looks for a storage bin where the batch of the material already exists and attempts to add the new stock to the existing stock. If that isnu2019t possible, the system looks for an empty storage bin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi could you please tell me where to set this paarameter?. I mean the SPRO path to set this.

Here we have a client requirement to put multiple batches of the same article in one bin by default as long as the bin capacity is there to take the material.

Kindly help at the earliest.

Jajati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry in the delay as have been on leave.

Spro/ Log exe / warehouse magement / strategies / putaway strategies / define strategy for bulk storage / storage type ctrl - define

Hope this helps,

Adam.

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue, no destination bin... in LT01.

I have already "1" defined in the configuration. Still it is not searching the storage bin automatically. When I enter the BIN it takes it , but not automatically.

FYI: I dont have the storage section search strategy active.

Please help me.

Thanks

Nagarajan

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue, no destination bin... in LT01.

I have already "1" defined in the configuration. Still it is not searching the storage bin automatically. When I enter the BIN it takes it , but not automatically.

FYI: I dont have the storage section search strategy active.

Please help me.

Thanks

Nagarajan