cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget exceeded error while creating purchase order

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing an issue in budget tolerance. I have set tolerance limit for PO that system will give warning in 90% usage and it will give error in 105% usage.

Budget will be checked on overall budget and we have budget release functionality. Availability control is active.

Now my overall budget for a WBS is INR 100,000 and released is INR 100,000.

While creating purchase order (PO) of INR 104,000 I am getting a budget exceeded error of INR 4000. But ideally it should allow to save PO as per setting only if I increase the value of the PO by 105% of budget then only I should get the error message.

Please advise to resolve the problem.

Regards,

Avinash P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for quick response. My current setting in tolerance limit for budget profile is as below:

Tr. Group Act Usage

++ 1 (Warning) 90

++ 3 (Error message) 105

The customer requirement is that budget exceeded error should come only when purchase order value goes higher to 105% of budget value but system does not allowing more than 100% budget .

Can you please suggest what do i do to resolve the problem?

Regards,

Avinash P

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I would suggest the screens from OPS9, CJ33, and the error long text from PR.

If your config was changed "on the fly" (like setup of tolerance limits after budget allocation) also run CJBN.

Thank you,

Paulo

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Is that an error message or a warning message? It would be good to see the screen.

Also check CJ33 for the WBS and look at the assigned value in the Analysis report.

Regards,

Paulo