cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Check for Claim (internal Order)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are implementing claim management which should have budget check against to the respective WBS element.

For this I have created claim with proper WBS and Value then generated internal order by activating BADI, As soon I approve the claim the internal order is being generated but even though I give more value which is higher than WBS value which is assigned to the claim system is saving with out any budget error. I heard that claim process has the budget check.

I have mentioned all configuration properly and that is working while making P.O (if P..O value is more than the budgeted value it is giving error)

My doubt is does system has the budget check for claim process, it there, where am doing mistake please let me know.

How actual cost is posted to internal order. if actual cost will come form FI entry, then while settling this actual cost to WBS at this time also does check for the budget. If yes budget check will be done for twice.

Please tell me, appreciated the quick reply.

Thanks,

Srivats

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivasts,

In OKOB - Budget profile config .. check if u have mentioned activation type as 1.

Also ensure you have defined Budget tolerance limit correctly.

Refer to below mentioned Wiki

Internal Order Availability Control - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for your quick reply..,

Actually I maintained all required setting in PS budget profile T.code OPS9  (Activation type 1 and tolerance limit 100% which should give error for all documents) but not in internal order budget profile.

In claim in order to have the budget control do we need to maintain  budget profile setting for internal order (OKOB) as well..?

Please suggest me the way in order to have budget control in claim.

Regards,

Srivats.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please confirm that a WBS element is maintained in the Claim created.

Would you be able to attach the screen print of the Claim with the WBS Element and the Operative indicator for that WBS Element? Also the order type of the internal order created.

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

Please find the below screen shots as you asked.

That WBS which have mentioned in this claim set for account assignment  and order type CL01, in internal order budget profile also I have given activation type 1 (below I have given the screen shots).

I tried all the ways. But, actually now am getting doubt like does claim has budget control against WBS or not.

I request any body to please confirm that and please suggest me where I am doing mistake.

Thanks & Regards,

Srivats

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varashal,

Please find the screen shot for WBS.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivasts,

Yes, in order to have the budget control, you need to maintain  budget profile setting for internal order (OKOB) as well.

Also in OKKP check if commitment management is active on Controlling area and internal order

You can also refer to below mentioned thread and SAP note 1424698

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Actually the commitment management is already activated in controlling area, and as mentioned above, In internal order budget profile also I have maintained activation type 1, when I tried to activate the availability control for internal order through KO30 it is saying that 'Availability control  not activated".(is there any other T.code is there to activate manually ..?)

But still while creating claim notification number along with internal order it is not checking for budget, it is allowing more than the allocated budget.

My client is asking for budget control at the time of creation it self. So, can you please suggest me where I am doing mistake & whatI need to do in order to have budget control while creating claim notification number.

Thanks & Regards,

Srivats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivasts,

Try running CJBN to Reconstruct Project Availability control

If after that your issue is not resolved, then raise OSS message to SAP.

Regards

Tushar

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srivats,

Maybe you can review the Claim process first, please have a look at this thread:

The Claim (once approved) will increase your Planned cost, but that has nothing to do with a budget consumption and availability control.

You can interpret claims as Change Documents to project cost Planning!  You question means that you do not understand the process.

Hope that helps,

Paulo