Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSI / ASTM Standard in sap QM

luckyme
Explorer
0 Kudos

hii everyonne ,

One of th client has their lab which they want to intergrate with SAP . The lab does many test related to rock , soil tests.

those test are both in BSI / Ameriacan Standard

currently they want those to be incoporate in SAP.

is it possible to add various standard BSI / American standards in sap ?

how the revisions can be done ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor

BSI and ASTM simply specify testing and specifications. They are not computer systems. There would be no integration to them.

I believe you want to set testing up for these standards in SAP. Which may or may not include interfacing to a laboratory system because you don't indicate that you use a LIMS system or if you are just primarily a paper based laboratory.

I am not aware that SAP has any process to download or incorporate any specific industry specifications or standards into an SAP system. How you inspect and what you want to accomplish would have to be looked and a design agreed upon by your business. That's way beyond this forum except for the most general of information like "you need to create inspection plans, mics, classes, sampling procedures.. etc.. etc.. ".

Craig

luckyme
Explorer
0 Kudos

After a close interaction i had understand from them that they are using everything in excel and they need SAP to do all extensive features available in LIMS which is not at all possible . may be some features like segregation of sample and creation of physical samples can be done ..

former_member42743
Active Contributor

I wouldn't necessarily say that.

Implementing a LIMS system and the ongoing maintenance, initial cost, project costs, ongoing seat or license fees, integration costs with SAP, training, etc. etc. is usually a very expensive undertaking. That same amount of money applied to customizing any missing functionality in SAP can purchase a ton of development.

Unless you have to support R&D I often find that most businesses can utilize SAP functionality with no need for a LIMS. There really is a ton of functionality in SAP and I find most consulting houses really don't have the knowledge to make a good evaluation.

If your client is really Excel based, SAP would be a huge step forward for them. They have to get it out of their head that they are simply going to build their Excel sheets in a LIMS or SAP. It doesn't work that way. They need to look at this as a greenfield installation.

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello

SAP offers a set of function modules that can be used to integrate LIMS systems or external equipments that will run the quality inspection. This set of function modules is called QM-IDI and you can find more information in questions 2 and 13 of SAP note 585066.

Regards,
Caetano

Ruthvik_Chowdary
Active Contributor

Hi Dinesh,

You can use LIMS system for Such integration to SAP Via Idocs