cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break timing not cosidered into PM order operation Work center, during scheduling

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PM experts,

Facing one issue while assigning the shift into work center. I've created a shift sequence for General shift duration 7 am -  4 pm with a break time from 12 pm- 1 pm. workdays as Sun - Thursday with Fri & Sat as Weekend offs.

I've also assigned this Grouping to my work center

But the issue is. while creating a work order with this Work center assigned to operations , the expectation is that system should consider the defined break timing inside the Grouping /shift sequence , assigned to this work center.

since 12 pm to 1 pm is break timing (as per defined into work center) , while scheduling order, system should not schedule any operation in this duration. But in my case system is not excluding this period for operation 2 and scheduling is happening in this duration as well.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct and how to correct this scheduling timing for operations during break period??

Thanks in advance ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

I guess you need to maintain the break in the shift intervals inbetween 7-16

Regards

Terence

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Terence ...

But I've already maintained GNB1 as break from 12 to 1 pm and assigned GNB1 to Shift timing GEN1, which I assigned into Work center shift tab (check below)

Do I need to define any thing else ..if yes, please let me know what and where

Regards

Dennny

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Check your OPU7, whether you have checked the Schedule with Breaks

Create a new order and check

Regards

Terence

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Terence,

I was missing the "Scheduling with breaks" check . Now it's working good

Thanks again

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

To my understanding, whatever length of breaks we mention in standard available capacity in work center is used in calculation of total confirmation data in PM order confirmation .

The length of break what you mentioned is used in calculation of total confirmation data .

With Regards,

PS R

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply..

But if you mean this place , I've already defined it in work center

Now to define the specific break time , I've defined into Break schedule GNB1 and assigned it to this work center via Grouping (as shown above).

Now system should consider availability for 8 hrs but exclude the break time as practically, there's no one available during this period. Please let me know if you're highlighting something else..

Regards

Denny

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

If you define length of break, system will exclude the break time and actual duration will be excluding length of break. Secondly, if length of break is not defined, then system will consider full operating time as per capacity utilization.

Now, you decide whether you need to define length of break or not.

With Regards,

PS R

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.. but sorry.. I'm not clear..

In case if I define length of break 1 Hr, the net available time is 8 hr, which can be used for scheduling.

My ultimate objective is to not to schedule any operation between 12 PM to 1PM duration. How can I meet this requirement with not defining the break time?

thanks