cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branch In SAp B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

How to maintain branch accounting in SAp B1.E.g.In company XYZ there are 9 branches all over how to maintain all in SAP B1.All branches I want to maintain in single database is it posible ?

Regards,

Harshad Surve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reno1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The best and recommended solution for maintaining Branch Accounts is through Segmentation Accounting.

Dimensions are again limited to only 5 in numbers. So if u have 9 branches then it is not possible to use Dimensions also.

If u do not want to use Segmentation Accounting then the other option i can find is use Projects as Branches. In all your transactions select the project option to represent your branches. Then you will be able to get reports based on this.

Regards

Reno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is best option for branch report. can be use bu seg. A/c or Project wise Report.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use Segmented GL Account and use one Segment for the Branch.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But I am not going to use segmentation can show the branches thrgh Dimensions.

Edited by: Rui Pereira on May 1, 2009 11:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshad,

I guess you are a consultant and Implementing SAP B1 for your customer.

In case you have already study SAP B1 segmentation feature in detail and finalise not to go with segmentation then you can ask your customer to develope the Chart of Account accordingly.

Ultimately it depends upon the customer and how he wants see his financial reports.

I strongly believe Dimention and Project has nothing to do with the decision making for selecting type of accounting.Both of these are mainly for analysis part.

You can use Dimention in case your customer wants cost accounting report for branches, Again here you need to use only one dimention named Branch and then under this dimention Branch you have to create nine branches each as cost/profit centre, so five dimention is not a limiting factor as mentioned in one of above tesponse.

Hope this will be of your help, All the very best !!!!!

BR

Samir Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 5 Branches and we figured out the only way to manage them is bu segmentation. We also use the county code as a Branch code. But you will have to put some FMS to flip the GL account numbers when invoicing so the sales and credit get applied to the correct G/L - Branch.

ie. 4105-10-00-00

4105-20-00-00

4105-30-00-00

etc.