cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Ship to address limitations

keith_taylor2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have one Business Partner that has 395 ship to addresses. When we try and update one of them or add another address - the process of saving the record will take an extremely long time (even on the server) and then it will shut down SAP. When you re-open SAP the save took place.

This happens for all users and on all clients.

Does anyone know if there are any limitations to the number of addresses for one Business Partner?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keith,

As far I know there is no limitation as I have seen as much as 800+ addresses for one BP. Probably due to the sheer number of addresses and any inherent validation for duplicates is causing the application to time-out.

This is more to do with the UI and not the database itself.

Suda

keith_taylor2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say user interface are you thinking there is a parameter or buffer setter or something?

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am talking about how SAP UI fetches this new address that was added and adds to the BP addresses screen. I think the data gets added to the tables and only the application fails and crashes, this might be it.

Suda

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

If you are having trouble updating the Business Partner address manually, try updating it with the DTW tool as it writes directly to the database and may prevent the database from crashing and save you some time.

As you say SAP Business One crashes when trying to update any of the business partner addresses. I would recommend that a message should be logged with support for this issue under the performance component. When logging the message attach the .DMP file which is created when SAP Business One crashes. the .DMP file can be found in the SAP Business One -> log folder.

i hope this helps

Noreen

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keith,

Are you using SAP B1 2005A SP01 PL46 ? if not , try to upgrade the PL version and import the address again.

Rgds,

keith_taylor2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are not trying to import addresses - we are just trying to update or enter them manually - this is a site which has been live over 6 months

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think either you are upgrading or not, I think you could try to upgrade your B1 to the latest patch.

I have also experienced this error but when printing document. I did not know the cause but it seems relate to windows terminal server and printer setting.

Rgds,