Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Upload via Recording?

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAPIENTS,

Can anybody let me know how can i do recording of BOM to upload data into system. While entering material number how many material should i take at the time of recording?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could nor get what i wanted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For BOM Upload, for global purpose it's better you use 2 BDC Recording.

One for to create BOM with one Material, and another BDC is change that BOM and add one Material.

If that BOM have more than 2 components, you can use BDC to change that BOM repetitively.

I THink It will be easier to maintain source of data ( FOr Example in Ms Excel ).

Regards,

RHW

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think it is better use BDC for BOM uploading

regards

thyagarajan

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thiyagrajan,

Yes I will use BDC but how can be this done through LSMW. Screen template also differs when i run recording from LSMW and while entering Material I am not able to undertand how many material should i take so that i can get field name and i can use this fiels name in excel to fill data.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kushal ,

use SHDB tcode for recording for your required transaction and save that recording and create BDC for the same ...

regrds

pushpa

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kushal,

Use the direct input method with LSMW to upload the BOM.

BDC/Recording will be relatively slow and in direct input there is not limitation on material.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give more information on how to use transaction SHDB? I ned to load or udpate several equipment master record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kushal Rai

You can use LSMW transaction to upload the BOMs in system on large scale.

Regards