cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We want to apply release procedure in BOM creation like one person create the bom and another will release the BOM.

Abhinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

By Assigning Authorization Group to User Profile we can map the Requirement. In case of BOM There is no such release status indicator.

When creating a BOM with a user id..The BOM Status will be 02 and can not be changed to Status 01. Then with other user id we can change the status to 01 in Change mode i;e in CS02 in the BOM Header.

Regards

Brahmaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tell me how i can use Authorization group (creation path and use)

Abhinay

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sachan,

Try out in this way.

1.Make ECM mandatory for all the users when creating/changing BOM.

2.Provide the authorization for the Engineering people for creating change numbers with release key.

3.Production people will be allowed to create/change BOM but not a change number ,so using the

change number let the production people create BOM,but unless if the relese key is not set in CC02

after creating BOM then the BOM will not become valid.

4.But some of the contraints are always your Engineering people should create a change number(for

changing existing BOM wihtout release key,for creating BOM with release key) in order to have the

better control.

Check and come back with your queries.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do it by using engr. change management

then you also need to activate work flow for this ( if it required authorised approval).

or other way is by using authorisation control .