cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM material not getting consumed in first operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

For a particular material X has a BOM. The sub item in BOM is Y. X has a routing with 3 operations. The operations are as follows:

0010 RHLHT005 RILH PD01 HEAT TREATMENT

0020 RHLSB011 PP01Finished Casting(fetttling & Final Insp)

0030 PP04 Line Inspection

When we are confirming the production order through CO11N, BOM material Y is not getting consumed through operation 10. But BOM material Y is getting consumed Through operation 20.

What customization we need to do, so that Y gets consumed in operation 10?

Can we link up BOM and routing operations in CA02?

Thanks

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

I hope you must have set backflush indicator aginast the component.

You need to change the assignment of that item i.e. Y to operation no. 0010 inplace of operation 0020.

In the production order if you want to do it then execute T code CO02.

Ckick on the component overview.

Select the component & click on the icon "Reassign' which lies in the bottom (sixth icon from the left).

A pop up wil be displayed. Give input of the operation no. 0010 & press enter. Save.

To change the assignment in the routing, execute T code CA02.

Give input of the FG material & plant.

Clcik on "Component allocation".

If pop up appears select the desired alternative.

In the next screen, select the desired component & click on 'Reassign'.

Enter operation as 0010 & press enter. Save.

Also to have the effective goods movement maiatian the desired confirmation parametrs in OPK4.

Hope this helps you.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SmanS

Thanks a ton dear. I reassigned the operation from 20 to 10 in routing. But when I tried to reassign operation 10 from 20 in CO02, the system giviong me the following message:

Component Y with backflush indicator cannot be reassigned

pls tell me how to change assignment in order

Thanks

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

Fine.

Do one thing unmark the back flush indicator against the component & retry the same.

After reassgning the component to desired operation again mark the back flussh indicator.

Hope this helps you.

SmanS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Plz check have u assigned the item in routing in component assignment tab.if only one item is in BOM and u want to consume it at every operation 3 in ur case then mention the same item thrice in BOM and assign it to every operation in the routing and tick the backflush indicator.

Plz revert me back if it works for u

Regards

Anupam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam

Thanks ya a ton. First two operations are production operations.Last oeration is for inspection plan. For producing 1unit of X, 1 unit of Y is consumed. Thus if BOM material is consumed in two operations, 10 and 20, then to produce 1 unit of X two units of Y will be consumed. That will be wrong.

Now BOM material is getting consumed in second operation. But I want BOM material to be consumed in oeration 10.

Pls tell how to do it.

Thanks

Chandra

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

you can assign the item on that operation in which it is really consumed. for the operation 10 you can assign it with minimum qty or in proportion according to which it is actually consumed on floor.and again if you dont want to do this then assign some qty and make it irrlevant to costing under BOM item tab

plz check at your end and revert back

Regards

Anupam Sharma