cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM item qty does not change when header qty changes in Outbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using sales BOM and exploding it in Sales Order. ( Item category of components as TAE )

I am creating a delivery with reference to a sales oder ( i have maintained copy controls to copy header and item data). Now when i change BOM header quantity in delivery document system is not redeterming the components quantity , item quantity of the components does not change.

Please let me how can i control item qunatity when BOM heade quantity changes in outbound delivery document

Thanks

Venkata Rama Reddy.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata,

The components item category is TAE, that means the item category for the header item will be TAQ. Also the pricing will be carried out at the header item level only.

Now for your query:

The standard item category controls of TAQ will not have any connection between the header & the item level quantities in the delivery. If you change the quantity of the header item in the sales order, the quantity of the compnenets will be automatically adjusted. But this will not happen in the delivery with the normal settings of TAQ.

Solution:

Go to transaction code VOV7 - select TAQ - double click - In the Bill of Material/Configuration section , there is a field "Create Delivery Group" - select "X - Form delivery group with one delivery date".

Save the settings. Now create a new sales order & then create the delivery & try to change the quantity of the header item, the system will automatically change the quantity of the components. (the system may not change the quantity of the components in the delivery of the old sales order - change it manually)

With best regards,

Allabaqsh Patil.

Idhasoft Ltd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allabaqsh Patil,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Your solution solved my problem.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Venkata Rama Reddy.K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your copy control under your item category try changing the pricing type to B for redetermine new pricng or C copy manual and redetermine others

pts appreciated.