Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any one can guide me guys.

1) Is it able to see exactly where a particular part is used in a BOM?

2) In BOM is it possible to see a current Stock of components ?

3) Is it possible to change the BOM part When Stock quantity reaches zero [i.e that part quantity] ?

4) Is it possible to plan through BOM's to find part numbers, link directly through to CAD drawings, data sheets and Supplier info.

with regards,

Madhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can CS15 transaction to find out the materials used in boms

for finding the stock you can double click the components and will take to mat master where you can see the plant stock

you can change the bom, but you need to update your open prodn orders if required with this change

I am not aware about 4th point

Regards

Ranga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan

here are the answers to your questions

1) Is it able to see exactly where a particular part is used in a BOM?

yes you can use CS15 = Where Used List for materials

here you enter the material and make sure you check the check box for Direct and types of BOM ( whether it is material BOm or different) and valid from dates

and hit F5 key or next screen and select the Plant, item category and usage and hit F8 or execute to show the BOM

2) In BOM is it possible to see a current Stock of components ?

as far i know, i dont think standard SAP has some report which will show these stocks, you might have to write a custom report with help of ABAPer to pull data from tables and if you enter the header level materials and plant, you should be able to do this custom report pretty easily with a ABAP

3) Is it possible to change the BOM part When Stock quantity reaches zero [i.e that part quantity] ?

Again it is not possible,

4) Is it possible to plan through BOM's to find part numbers, link directly through to CAD drawings, data sheets and Supplier info.

Again it is not possible, other PP experts kindly correct me if i am wrong and let us know the alternatives, BUt using BOM, you can usually plan only for the materials number with item category = L = Stock Items and not for documents after you run the MRP for that materials

Please REWARD your POINTS if useful and let us know if you have any more questions

thanks

Chakri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chakri,

Thanks, it's really useful