cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Explosion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While attaching a material to an activity. In general data tab of component there is a feild called "BOM Explosion number". May anyone help me ragarding : -

1. What is this feild about.

2. When it is to be used.

3. How it is to be used.

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

> While attaching a material to an activity. In general data tab of component there is a feild called "BOM Explosion number". May anyone help me ragarding : -

>

> 1. What is this feild about.

> 2. When it is to be used.

> 3. How it is to be used.

>

> Regards

> Rahul

Hi Rahul,

BOM ( Bill Of Material ) [ T-Code; CN 33 ] is used for automated transfer of BOM items to activities in a network with the help of reference points.

The field for reference points is in the assignments tab for the internally processed activities.If the value of the BOM item is identical to the value of activity then the bill of material transfer can automatically assign item to the network activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that if we maintain same refrence point in Bom Component and network activity. Then we can automatically asign the material component to activities. However i think BOM explosion no is something different?

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use of bom exp. no is :

1) The fixed key date determines which bill of material is exploded.

2) You can also specify a BOM explosion number for a specific plant. Enter the appropriate plant in this case.

3) You can specify a BOM explosion number for a specific material. Enter the appropriate material in this case

these r the uses of bom explosion no

u can define bon explosion in MDSP

Hope this will help you , Reward points required

Regards,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra

Edited by: Dhruv Kumar Malhotra on Jun 27, 2008 10:56 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul....

when BOM is Explodead a number is generated by system (BOM Exp NO.)..after exploasin we decide what material will be procured (as componenet/raw material ) from out side ...when we procure a material or doing production inhouse by this number a supplier can keep record to which production line this material belongs.

So here we keep BOM Exp No at component ...

Please tell me if more Explanation you required.

Rewards Point

Thanks & Regards

SMITH