cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM explosion possible in PM order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we're switching from using PS networks to PM orders for specific installation work and would like to know how to work with material BOM's in PM.

In PS networks (CJ20N, CN22) we have a button to explode the material BOM in the network. After we've done that the full list of materials is shown in the component overview. The user may update the required quantities before the material requirements are released to MM.

Is there a similar option in PM order maintenance (IW32)? We are able to include the BOM-material in the component list of the order, but we're not able to explode this into the detailed list of material items. I imagine it is possible to do this in MRP, but we would like to have the user do it, in an IW32 screen, before it is released to MM (or MRP).

The BOM's are not equipmentBOMs or anything specific to PM. They're simple material BOM's, usage type 3 "universal".

Thx in advance for any suggestions!

Regards,

Pim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can explode the equipment BOM in maintenance order components tab page itself.

if you want to specify the BOM other than respective technical object then you have to use customer exit IWO10029

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. There are 2 problems however:

- We cannot use equipment or location BOM's since these are both referenced on the order header level (we should be able to select a BOM per operation).

- Also when we build the installation it is a (more or less) unique combination of several pieces of equipment. About 200 orders per day are generated, so it's not possible to first define the location in detail (or a reference location) with all correct equipments or materials before creating the order.

Should I use assemblies? I seem to be able to assign each operation to an assembly, so if I set up an assembly-BOM, it seems to work. Any drawbacks to this?

Cheers - Pim

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pim,

Yes you can assign Assemblies to operations.

I can't remember if they can be assigned in a task list... if not, then one drawback will be the manual entry every time...

PeteA

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Would like to post the solution.

1. Create a BOM in CS01 with Usage = 4 (Plant Maintenance). Please note that 3 (Universal) cannot be used in Plant Maintenance.

2. In the maintenance order, do not go to the component tab, but the operation tab. Click "General"

3. Enter your BOM in "Assembly", make sure you have press "Enter".

4. Click "Assembly" in the bottom of the screen.

5. Select the materials in the BOM and tick.

Regards,

Steven