cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, say a finish product requires a semi finished product which we manufacture in-house (requires a raw material to make) and a raw material. in this case we need 3 level bom required, bottom most will be raw, 2nd from bottom will be semi finished & raw mat and top most will be finished product. if we run mrp (mts with stock 0) it suppose to create 1 pr to procure 1 raw (for bottom most mat) and 1 palnned order to make semi finished mat + 1 pr to procure 2nd level bom, 1 planned order to make assemblying final / finish product.Am i correct?

if i procure the second level semi finish mat from out side, the bom suppose to be 2 level. when we run mrp, 1 pr to procure semi + raw mat (2nd level) and 1 planned order to make finish product. Pls advise whether my above assumption is correct?

View Entire Topic
Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ys yadav ,

Yes assumption is correct, MRP will create procurement proposals based on procurement types you had assigned in material master.

E u2013 In-house

F- externally procured.

X-in-house/ external procured

If for semi finish the type is X you can either convert it into purchase requisition or plan order, as per your wish.

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Ritesh

Edited by: R S D on Jun 3, 2009 11:46 AM