Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM component changing automatically

siva_mohapatra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Members,

I im in strange trouble. For one specific plant BOM component quantity changing automatically. This is happening for few components not for all components. My process is a process industry. We are receiving Planned order from APO, every time when we are checking we found there is quantity deviation wrt equivalent BOM quantity for those specific components. Once we are manually refreshing those planned orders, then rectification is happening. I could not understand the exact issue from where this component quantity is getting changed.

FYI

Base quantity is not changing.

No manual Planned Order change can be done by user

Please help me to resolve this issue as it is urgent.

BR

Siva Sakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siva_mohapatra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We found the solution. Issue was with integration model.In integrating model, those components were missing. We added those missing components and did CIF ing. Now everything working fine.

I am closing this thread.

BR

Siva Sankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva, As you said you are creating planned order in APO and then you CIF them in ECC. Thats means there is some setting in APO which is affectig the BOM item qty because once you do the refresh in ECC it picks the correct qty based on BOM. I also had same issue which was related to sloc. in Planned order the BOM item were picking the different sloc and that setting was in APO. Please check with APO person. Thanks kishan

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like said, The APO correspondence program obviously & program table for that, So Hence the ABAP-er.

siva_mohapatra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

I have bit idea that there is some issue at the time of CIF ing to APO but I am not sure where is the issue coming from. I have checked the integration model in APO.Everything is normal like wise for other plant. Only for a single plant issue is coming.

Could anybody help me out, where is the issue exactly in APO.

Thanks,

Siva Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SHiva, Hope you have cross checked the PPM with the PV in ECC...they matches in terms of alternative, base qty and rest other details.... There not any old PPM active in APO. Also this component is not in any other FG or HALB and you are not doing any mistake in calculating the results in ECC. Thanks Kishan

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For getting you started, 1st would like to know whether you have gone through the below,

Base Quantity in BOM | SCN

BOM item qty does not change when header qty ch... | SCN

The Effects of Changes in BOMs and BOM Transfer - Material - SAP Library

Thanks,

Kaushik

siva_mohapatra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for your reply but sorry to say none of your suggested link is helpful for my issue.

BR

Siva Sankar

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, What do you find in the below tables

and

CUPE Extension to BOM Item for Variants. Just wanted to know, are you the functional consultant or a ABAP-er?

Thanks,

Kaushik

siva_mohapatra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

I am a functional consultant. Please be very specific when you are answering because I could not understand whether my issue is clear to you or not?

BR

Siva Sankar

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay , now that it is known that you are a functional person, so will come to the point from the view functional. You are saying for soime specific BOM only the quantity getting changed, right? If this is the case, which is only possible if the User has changed else where like Master Records or Multi-BOM Change, so only the effect is reflecting like in this case. Correct me if I am not able to catch what you are willing to ask.

Thanks,

Kaushik

siva_mohapatra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

In our case for FMCG industry for a specific plant we are maintaining different alternative BOM & as per that PV is maintained. Same PV are CIFed thru APO for the generation of Planned Order. BOM component quantity change authorization is not provided to user. After CIF ing we are getting planned order, in which component quantity is getting changed automatically. This is happening only for some specific component. To resolve this issue, we are doing manual refresh of Planned order in ECC.

For example,

Base quantity of FG=1000KG

Planned order size= 600 KG

Component X to be captured as per equivalent BOM=18.116KG

Actual reflecting component quantity in Planned order=54.6 KG

Difference=36.484 KG

I could not recognize, for what reason, for specific components component quantity is deviating from equivalent Component quantity given in standard BOM.

BR

Siva Sankar