cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking the Serial Numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While transfering the material to distributer place, materials (5 Qtys.) are lost, these materials (5 qtys.) has been assigned to 5 Serial numbers. In IQ03 the status of these 5 Serial numbers are ECUS. Now the user wants to Block these Sr. nos. in SAP as the material is lost. We can Deactivate these Sr. nos. in SAP. But i think it has no meaning, if we are BLOCKING these serial numbers when the status is ECUS? Plz. let me what we can do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want to set a deletion indicator in the serial number it is possible.

Go to IQ02 --> Input the Serial number and Material --> Edit --> Specila Serial number Functions --> Manual Transaction --> Select From Stock option --> Remove the customer number, if there. Now check the status, is it AVLB?

Now go to Mat.SerialNo. --> Functions --> Activate<> Deactivate --> Deactivate . If you want to set a deletion indicator, Mat.SerialNo. --> Functions --> Deletion flag --> Set .

Prase

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using stock transport orders (the reason I ask is how did it get to status of ECUS)? If using STO's, do the 5 items still show in transit (mb5t)? Wouldn't you want to reverse the goods issue and then block them / scrap them / adjust them?

Also, to block them, in ie02 you could deactivate it (Equipment --> Functions --> Active - Inactive --> Deactivate). Then to release it later, choose activate.

Jerry