cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block vendor accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could help me with the following: I would like to block certain vendor accounts so that when we make a payment to them, a remittance advice does not print for their accounts. I would appreciate assistance on how I can achieve this.

Many thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To block the vendors xk05 you can block for posting or for company code.

If it is usefull please assign points

Thanks

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, thanks for that; however, I'm aware of XK05 for blocking but won't this then prevent the posting of costs? The main purpose here is to prevent the posting of a remittance for expenses of employee where we believe we don't need to send one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

If i understand it correctly, You dont want to pay a vendor, but still you want to book costs.

I think the best option is to place an payment block while posting those invoices, to make it error free, you can even write an Validation / Substition depending on the business process.

Let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. If you have a specific type of vendors I would recommend that they have their own Account group.

You then have different payment runs, one per Account group, standard and employees.

Another option, which is a bit of a work around is to set the Payment advice via EDI, and have that print job to not spool, therefore it wont print.

Hope these help.

vinay_h
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

If I were you, I would have gone to FBL1N line items and blocked the line items with payment block "A" or "R" and save the document which will refrain from making payment and generation of remittance advice.

Alternatively, I would go to vendor master record using FK02 and in "Payment transaction accounting" screen, I will put a payment block in the master record to avoid automatic payment.

Hope this helps.

Vinay