cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block PO based off Vendors country

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to block PO's from being put in against Vendors on our banned country list.  

The check would have to be purchasing org and  material type specific. 

Be something like this: (for example)

Purchase ORG    Material Type     From County

US                           RAW                Canada     (meaning for Purchase org "US'' and material tye "RAW'', PO for vendors in canda would be blocked)

US                           Finished           Canada

I could block the vendors but that of course assumes they exist in the US purchase org and also this check wouldn't satisfy the material type check.

Can anyone think of another way to do this w/out development? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As experts already mentioned, there is no direct option in standard to block PO creation based on the combination you mentioned. However, before going for development, check whether you can make use of source list to block the vendor based on purchase organization and material combination. You may make the source list requirement as mandatory and block the items in the source list!

But in this case, the source list to be maintained for all materials. If this is not possible, I think you may check the feasibility of development.

Regards,

AKPT

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You want block vendor for procurement, Create source list(ME01) and select block indicator for that vendor or if you are using source list, change in with blocked indicator in ME02 and save.

Regards,

Biju K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP has an application for managing regulations: GTS Global Trade Services

The old ERP Global trade was more or less designed only for exports, checks are done in the sales documents to avoid sending dual use goods into certain countries.

There is no standard option to generally control PO creation based on your given combination.

If you need that and can't afford GTS then you may need to develop this functionality yourself with Z tables and Badis

schaganti1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

As per my knowledge we can block the vendor and material combination is only possible in  source list me01,

we can block the material based on material type would be possible in mm17 or mass t-cdes

the above steps are standard one, without development we cannot achieve your requirement in my opinon.

try those two option will may be helpful to your requirement.

Regards

Sudhakar

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Blocking Vendor only happen at Company code and Purchase organization level. This function is independent of material type and country.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Vendor can blocked by MK04/06 OR fk05/06 or XK05/06 . However there is no scope for material type block combination and there is no other go to use a development while creating the PO which checks for this combination and issue a error message . Regards,