cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Accounting Document Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to block accounting document type. Please let me know which tcode or path I use for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemant Kumar Maurya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must set validation to block the document type from being used else there is no other way...

Regards,

Chintan Joshi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

praveen_jagadeesan
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Hemant,

Why cant we try using the authorization object F_BKPF_BLA, Just restrict the users for the document type alone.

Hope it will solve the purpose.

Thanks and regards

Praveen.J

madhusoodanan_ramachandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another option is, you can also delete the number range from FBN1, if that number range is not shared by another document type.

Best Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The best option is to create a validation which checks for the Document type and throws an error while posting thereby blocking the same.

Another option which I can think of , if you are not using Batch Input for that particular Doc type , then check the option "Batch Input only" (Indicator that the document type may only be used for postings which are created using batch input.

) in OBA7.

Hope it helps

SJ

Renan_Correa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HEllo,

The solution provided by S. Viswanatha R... is possible, but it would be a problem for the users ( it sounds as a workaround). Maybe the user try to post the document and will not understand why they cannot post.

The solution suggested by mr. Joshi would be more feasible, since you can define a custom message to your validation rule and the users will understand the constraints about the document type.

REgards,

REnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use T.Code: OBA7, Select Document Type and Remove Account Types Allowed Check Box / Remove Number Range from Document Type.

Regards,

Viswa