cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Business area to Business area transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

We want to correct some of the GL balances lying at Blank business area to specific business area. while posting JV we found that the system is taking the business area in both line item (debit and credit), however we have input at one line item only.

Please advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear pranav,

asset account are assigned to a single business area in their master record. Every posting to an asset

balance sheet account is automatically posted to that business area. The business area for an

asset is passed on to all line items connected with the asset. Therefore you do not need to make

a manual account assignment for a business area at any point.

Regards

Sridhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are not Assets GL.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Verify any Substitutions are triggering

Check whether any substitution is created on Business area GSBER field in GGB1for your company code

If substitution is applying, delete or deactivate your substitution for time being and then revert the settings once your transfers finished

Reg

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked no Substitution is available for business area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check whether document spilting is activated with Business Area Characteristic or not. Plus which cost object is used while booking the JV. Business Area could also get derived through Cost Objects.

Please verify the same.

Regards,

Jaymin R. Bhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have not activated the Document splitting, further the said GL is Balance sheet item with no cost obejct....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u please share what exact accounting JV is to be done i.e. GL Description. Are u mentioning Plant is any of the line items? Please provide accounting entry to be made.

Regards,

JRB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will explain the things in details.

We have many GL like (Loan, inter co loan etc) of BS which has balance at NIL BA, now we want to transfer the same to respected business area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means the same GL accounts would be used for Debit / Credit? Have u checked OKB9?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the same GL will be debited and credited, i have checked OKB9, there is no entry for said GL code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Can you verify any parameter ID is existed in you user master with GSB?

Verify your user master SU01 in the tab Parameter with id GSB = 1003

If it is there pls remove and test, if it is not there take abaper help to debug the Transaction to find out from where it is deriving

Reg

Vishnu