cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Plan Start Date not copied to Sales order from Service Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are developing a process of Creation of Service Contract and then a order confirmation.

Now based on the Order Confirmation will bill based on the Bill Plan.

The Bill plan start date in contract header is not flowing to Sales Order header while creating with reference.

Then navigating to Header Billing plan and if we input the date the billing plan dates are displayed.

We checked the copy control settings and seems like the date is not copied.Is this a standard behaviour.

If so then do we have any work arounds to achieve the same. Because the contract start date can change before confirmation.

So business wants a sales order confirmation to be created after contract creation and bill periodically as per the Sales order instead of contract.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need to put additional code in Data transfer routine to copy the field to Sales Order header.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can write logic in routines in VTAA, select the contact type and order and go to header > Copying requirements for data transfer VBAK, you can write logic to copy from contact to order. let me know if any questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you share any sample code for reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can not give your code, but your abaper can easily write the logic like

Select the document types like if reference document is WK and target document is OR then

VBKD-FKDAT = VBKD-FKDAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Appreciate ur quick response. But instead of FKDAT i need the FPLA-BEDAT to be flowed to Billing Plan.Right now iam entering the following date manually at header.Instead if it copies from Contract header then manual entry could be neglected.

Is it possible with the same routine to code with the above mentioned FPLA-BEDAT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check with your technical person, he will able to tell you. Ask him to put break poing the routine and check.

Mostly its possible.