cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best transaction to create PurchOrder from PurReq at Shopfloor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to have advice on the following subject:

At the shopfloor the planners are approved to create and send Purchase

orders to vendors when a contract is the basis.

Via MD06 I can select via the search function all PurReqs and

convert them to PurchOrders (I need to add the column Vendor by

clicking on the vendor button below the screen, unfortunally

I need to add the column very often: per material!).

I can also use transaction ME58 to convert the PR2PO.

What is the best transaction to use?

Best regards,

Eric.

Point awarded if usefull answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ME58 is the normal option to convert P reqs to POs (in bulk) if they have already been allocated to a source of supply.

ME59/N is even better because it can do this automatically without intervention as long as the vendor and the material is flagged as allowing auto POs.

But the normal process would be to use ME58 to deal with all of the open and released P reqs for one P group (or similar). Then run ME56 or 57 if you want to pick up any reqs without a source.

Steve B

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you try using ME59n?. I think that's a very good way for creating PO trough PurReq...

Hope this help

Ezequiel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the information, but the question is use ME58 or MD06 to create PR2PO in respect to production planners, because they are allready used to work with MD06. The only disadvantage is that working with MD06 the source of supply is not permanent visable.

Best Regards,

Eric.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would use MD06 and go into the requisition in change mode and then click on the source of supply tab and click on "allocate source" (if no source is already allocated). Allocate the source (if necessary) and convert to a PO from within MD06 still.

To see if sources are already allocated just switch on the "vendor" column in the MD06 display, blank means no source yet allocated.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could also assign the reqs in MD06 and clicking on the req and assigning the supply source. The via ME58 pick up only the assigned reqs and procees them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.