cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginning Balance of Accumulated Repair Cost and Budget Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client has two requirements which I have problems working on in SAP.

1. How do we put the beginning balance of accumulated repair cost of each equipment? Example Equipment A had $ 40, 000 worth of repairs prior to the company's use of SAP, and this balance becomes the initial balance during repair cost reporting (thus if the first work order issued for that equipment in the SAP system costs $5,000, accumulated cost in cost analysis shatll be $45, 000 alread) .

2. How do we implement budget control in Plant Maintenance, such that a work order that is over budget cannot be released? or needs to be approved by another more superior user before release?

Thanks, answers would be of great help.

Regards,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thy and Pete

We do have asset accounting here, so how exactly will we do the loading of beginning balances? I mean can you give me a more detail picture of the process in doing it?

As for the budget part, where do i attach the budget profile? which part in customizing do i do this?

thanks so much for great responses

Andrew

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

iam not aware of other parts ,as far as maintenance order is concerned you must assign the budget profile while configuring order type in IMG or use T code OIOA. but before that budget profile must be created by CO people

regards

thyagarajan

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

I suspect the only way to do this without Asset Accounting is to create a bespoke ABAP report. You would also need a customer table to hold the repair cost/equipment data. Alternatively, if you have a cost object per equipment (say cost centre) then you could add this value to the cost centre. Either way I would discuss the issue with you finance team first.

In terms of budgetting; this can be done 3 ways:

- Investment programs (IM)

- Projects and WBS (PS)

- Individual maintenance orders (PM)

You can set threshold parameters which determine if the order can be released..

PeteA

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

for query 1 i think you can consult with FICO guy to put the opening balance of the equipment

for query 2 yes you can activate the budget control for maintenance order ,by assigning the budget profile the order type .but it means once your expense exceeds your budget you cannot take the material out of stores or confirmation etc

for controlling of order release you can search the forum where there is lot of discussion on this heading

regards

thyagarajan