cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch values proposed in match code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can any one help to understand why when we select F4 on batch field to select a batch number in stock(for expl in Delivery), i have all batch number of the material even if the batch is not in stock. Is there any customizing to set up in order to select in match code only the batch number which are in stock?

Thanks for feedback

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the standard F4 search helps are just looking at the checking table for the field where you pressed F4.

the batch number is stored in table MCH1 or MCHA (depends on your batch level)

Hence SAP gives you all batches that you have in that table for the given material.

the stock for a batch is stored in table MCHB. This table is not considered in the search help.

If you want consider the stock (in standard you use btch determination instead of F4) then you have to create your own matchcode for this purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your fedback, does it mean i cannot set up in match code the batch only in stock?

and i need to set up a batch determination strategy for each transaction where the batch match code is present?

There is no way to set the table MCHB in match code selection for batch?

Thanks

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not say that.

you can define your own match code based on a join between MCHA/MCH1 and MCHB in SE11, and add it as included search help to the existing batch match code

Batch determination is just the standard designed way to pick batches based on a strategy, instead of manually pulling them from a search help.

Answers (0)