cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Number Selection in Sales Order Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I've tried to allocate a specific batch through the Batch Number Selection Screen while being in the Sales Order. It has selected the relevant batch and updated the available qty.

While opening another Sales Order for the same Item and trying to allocate/select the same batch , I've noticed that the available qty is unchanged and shows all the units in the stock.

I want to use this functionality to control batch number allocation during the sales process, in order not to sell twice the same batch to different customers.

Is that a "bug" or a "feature"?

Thanks in advance,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

B1 doesn't provide allocation feature .Check this thread for workaround .

Hope this helps

Bishal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, we offered our customer two options:

1. To show "Commited" field which correctly calculates the preordered qty's from the batch

2. To develop an alert pop-up

Simon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simon,

The feature to allocate a batch on the Sales Order is to facilitate the Delivery of the select batch.

A soft indicator for the delivery department on what is selected on the Sales Order. The allocation in SAP is soft allocation and neither the batch not stock get tied to the Sales Order but only associated with it.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not a bug because only delivery will actually alocate the inventory not the sales order.

Thanks,

Gordon