Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch not selected during Batch Determination in Outbound delivery - Revist

aka23sh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am posting this query again as I wanted to clarify my scenario and need to know why it is not working.

I have followed all the steps [ https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/1161827 ] mentioned but still i am facing the error of auto determination of batch even after satisfying the selection criteria and also masters have been maintained.( screenshot attached )

Note: The log at the batch screen says 'E- Does Not Correspond to Selection Criteria'

Details: I have initially used only one criteria LOBM_VFDAT.

The automatic batch determination was working fine. Now, we came across a scenario where in user was able to sell expired batches and also take return of expired batches.

Additional Info: At the time of GRN, we put in SLED date.

Material master has been maintained with remaining shelf life.

Batches have been maintained with remaining shelf life after addition of new characteristics ( LOBM_RLZ and LOBM_FVDAT)

I have created new batches and tested, but was not able to determine batches.Then, I have removed the characteristics and kept as original with single characteristic LOBM_VFDAT ( I was able to determine batch)

I need your help and suggestion on how to restrict expired batches from being determine and also why auto batch determination isn't working even after selection criteria gets determined.

automatic-batch-determination-error.png

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

You said "The automatic batch determination was working fine. Now, we came across a scenario where in user was able to sell expired batches and also take return of expired batches."

Please check whether the message VL 203 is maintained in your system. This message says "Batch & expires on &".

Generally, in standard system, this message is configured as Warning, but it can also be removed.

So, try to maintain it as error which will not allow the expired batches to be delivered.
To achieve that, goto T code OVM1 and maintain message VL 203 as 'E'.

With this, you don't even have to maintain other characteristics. It only checks the Expiration date/shelf life of the material.
This error is thrown when the expiration date is in the past (or) when the delivery date is after the expiration date.

Regards,
Renuka