cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Management Indicator Missing in Product Master for configurable materials

Bernard_Sohier
Participant
0 Kudos

We want to activate batch management for configurable materials because we have a KMAT with proportional units.

However the indicator "Batch Management Required" is not visible in the Product Master "

For other Product Types the field is available :

KMAT:

HALB:

We are working on S/4HANA public cloud

Questions:

1) Is there a reason why batch management is not possible for configurable materials in S/4HANA public cloud?

2) Can I make batch management possible for configurable materials in S/4HANA public cloud? How ?

Kind Regards

Bernard

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello bernard_sohier.

How are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud Master Data" for this question, as Product Master Data is a Cross Master Data.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

View Entire Topic
Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello 

In the SSCUI / Configuration Activity ' Assign Fields to Field Selection Groups ' the batch managements fields are set as hidden for the Material Type KMAT

FieldSelection.png

Screenshot attached from an internal S/4HANA Cloud system to show

I'm not aware of any restriction why Batch Management cannot be used with Advanced Variant Configuration

Could you create your own Material Type copying KMAT and maintain the field selection group 75 to optional and see if the Batch Management flag is appearing in the classical Create Material / Change Material apps

Best Regards

Enda