cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baseline date Credit memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have an issue in which the credit memo shows a Net due date same as the document date even though the payment terms are net11. So if I created the document on 06/22/07, the net due date should be 07/03/07 but it is right now showing the due date as 06/22/07. My client is using ECC5.0.

So not sure what the issue is or where the issue is.

Please reply elaborately and points will be awarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no issue.

That is standard fucntionality.

What is your clients requirement and business process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you are saying. I thought that the credit memo is supposed to take the net11 into consideration instead of the document date.

Even so, my client would like to see the net11 taken into account.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Think of the credit memo as an alteration of the original.

It is due immediately as the there was a need to change the original doucment as it was incorrect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK here is the issue.

To create credit memos, my client uses standard SAP transaction VF01 (Billing create).

It looks like the 3 additional days are copied to the CM from the related Order. Why did the CM take into account the 3 additional days but not the 11 from the Net 11 terms? The credit memo was created 5/14/2007. I looked in transaction FBL5N and it was paid 5/17/2007 (3 days later).

Can you tell me is there somewhere in configuration that controls due date on CMs (I am told they should all be paid immediately)? How is it that the term’s days (ie: N11) were ignored on this credit memo. I guess I expected to see it paid 14 days later (the N11 + the 3 additional days).

At this point I’m not sure if a procedure should be changed on orders, or configuration can be changed, or a user exit should be changed to blank out the additional days field on credit memos?

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may want to read this thread! Some real worthy info on credit memo due date.