cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base Quantity in BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I needed to change the base quantity in BOM for one of the materials, but I found out that after changing, the component quantity in BOM did not change accordingly.

Is there any way to update the component quantity according to the ratio?

Thanks all

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes

Changing of base quantity will not change the component quantity automatically.

Regards

Amit Parkhi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BOM masters are created after fixing the requirment of Raw materials (components) to produce specific quantity of Header, then why you need to change the header quantity? if you want to see the requirment of each items based on the different header quantity you can go to CS03 and in Further data you can enter the Required quantity of header for which you want to see the item quantity requirments.

Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the BOM if you change the header qty, component qty will not change automatically.

You have to enter manually.

It means that to produce the header qty, these item quantities are required.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, if it's the case then it'll be really saddening. It's hard to believe that SAP did not come out with something to recalculate the component quantity in BOM as I'd presume it's very basic function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Base quantity is there for the header material.

It says that the component quantity mentioned in BOM is required to manufacture <base quantity> of material.

This will reflect in the production order.

Try to create a production order and then check the effect in component overview by changing in the order quantity

Regards

Amit Parkhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'll better be specific with my question with an example:

I have this material, AA-XXXX that was in the following BOM settings:

Base quantity: 1000 pcs

Components:

BB-YYYY - 23.6kg

CC-YYYY - 10.2kg

DD-YYYY - 234 pcs

We're required to change the base quantity in bom header. After I changed it to 2000 pcs, I noticed that the qty for components remain unchanged in BOM. I know during creating production order, the qty for those components will be calculated/changed accordingly. But what happened now that the components shown in BOM did not change according to the change of base quantity?

Thanks

Edited by: TY Ng on Jun 4, 2008 10:46 AM