Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base document exhcange rate cannot be use

former_member158990
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a problem when I want to use base document exchange rate for creating AP Invoice.

Example :

Exchange rate as per 17-06-2009 : 9,000

Exchange rate as per 18-06-2009 : 10,000

I create Good Receipt PO posting date 17-06-2009.

A/P Invoice posting date 18-06-2009

For A/P Invoice I want to use the exchange rate base on (same with) GRPO's exchange rate.

I choose "Use Exchange Rate from Base Document" from document wizard.

But why this message :

"Base document exchange rate cannot be used

The row will be update using the target document exchange rate".

Anybody know why this happen ?

Best regards,

Surya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi surya,

Check this link

*Close the thread if issue solved

Regards

Jambulingam.P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

SAP Business One copies the base row Exchange Rate to the target document only if items in the base document are defined with prices in a Foreign Currency which is not set as the System Currency or which is different from the Business Partner's Currency (this is the currency selected in the header of the document for a Multi Currency Business Partner). This prevents a discrepancy between the row total and the document total.

If items are defined with the same Foreign Currency as the Business Partner and you attempt to copy a base row document to target row document, when the target exchange rate is different from the base document exchange rate then you get the system message Base document exchange rate cannot be used

The row will be update using the target document exchange rate. So in short the reason for recieving this message is because row currency is BP currency.

Kind regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

Please have a look at this session. You will need an S-user code to download it.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700001500902008E

Regards,

Nat

Edited by: Natalia Ujlaki on Jun 18, 2009 12:17 PM