cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barcode implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sir,

we are facing the problem regarding the barcode implementation ,if we receive bulk purchase, such as 10000 nos of RAM and we generate 10000 barcode nos and scan into the system this is actual process but practically it is not possible.so please provide solutions so that we can able to scan 10000 barcode nos in lot of 100.it means if i scan one lot nos ,sap b1 can identify 100 serial nos.

thanks in advance

rgds

sudhir.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

You have a very valid and interesting requriement. My answer is no different from Suda Sampath's I don't believe B1 has an inbuilt capability to ascertain the serial numbers of the components/contents

based on the serail number of the box or packaging.

Having said that does such a logic exist in the real world ?

If the bar code ( on the box ) is something like 2345 101 110.

Does that mean that the box contains ten items numbered 2345 101, 2345 102,

2345 103, ..... , 2345 110 ?

I guess the issue has less to do with what B1 can do but more to do what physical devices / technology.

RFID are the next step to Bar Code Scanners/Lables, At one swoosh the entire inventory of a store can be found out. But that technology is not as prevalent in India ( or for that matter in other places in the world ).

Please do let us know if you have worked out a solution for your predicament ? I think your solution would be relevant and of great use to all of the retailers out there.

Thank You,

Sharath Bobba

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

From my experience I would like to throw some details on Bar Codes for you.

Bar Codes can be used to represent any kind of data. UPC number, Serial number, Batch Number, Product ID, etc. Reading Bar Code is faster, less prone to errors and is truely a replacement of Key strokes.

In your context you have mentioned a couple of things and in your last line you have made a mention of Serial Numbers. The reason I am saying this is because how you implement depends on what data you are capturing.

If you are talking about Serial Numbers, they are Unique number that identify each piece of an Item and not a Pack of 10 or 100. Therefore if it is Serial numbers then the solution you are proposing will not work as you would need to scan each Bar Code representing each Item individually.

The Bar Code usage or functionality in SBO is very basic, it stores what you capture on a BarCode gun. The data you scan gets transferred to the field you have your cursor on. Thats All.

Please let me know what is that you want and what is the data you want to capture?

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I want to enter just a mfg.serial number, and sap b1 select all 10 serial nos which comes under head of that mfg. serial number. it means when I enter only a box barcode which is stuck outside that box and it provide the details of inner side items serial numbers. It saves the time, for bulk transaction. Which we has in our business, firstly we face that kind of problem while taking stock transfer from Warehouse to City Distribution Centre

Please do the needful asap

thanking you

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

As much as I would like to say it is possible. The fact is it is not possible. What you scan in the outer Carton is what will transfer to the Field. SAP does not have advanced Bar Code capabilities.

If your Serial numbers are Sequential then you can use the Automatic Creation capability and type the first and select the incrementing rule.

The second option is to Program the BarCode Gun. If you know the Pattern of how the Serial number is laid on the Outer label, you can program the barcode gun to read the Serial number of the First Item and Invoke the Tab Key. Tab Key on the Keyboard and then write the Second Serial number and so on.

The Third option is to scan the Bar Code using an third party intelligent BarCode application and Import all the Items using DTW.

Let me know

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suda,

Thanks for your timely and valuable reply. at present we are handling stock worth INR 10 cores and approximately 4000 types of product and our business fast growing in retail industry that’s why we go for SAP but your words regarding barcodes implementation quite disappoint us.

Now, our heartly request to you when such advanced capabilities available will to us and what time it requires? Or any other way or logic to resolve this issue.

thanks

rgds.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

I am not sure if this feature will be added to the SBO product in the near future. If you could scan the outer carton label and also give me a few of the serial numbers inside that carton, I will go over it and get back to you with my suggessions.

My email ID. sudasampath.sapb1@gmail.com

The reason for my giving the email is for you to send me the scanned copy as there is no provision to attach stuff here.

I will reply you through the Forum once I receive the email.

I will do my best to help you.

Suda